Sun已决定将Java Data Objects (JDO)捐献给开源社区.且JDO规范的实现将包含在Apache JDO 项目中.
Apache JDO 包含以下子项目:
- JDO 1.0 API. This is the standard definition of the JDO API as defined by the published JSR-12 standard.
- JDO 1.1 Reference Implementation. This is a file-based, single-user store for persistent Java objects. The version number is 1.1 to reflect that the Java package has changed from com.sun.jdori to org.apache.jdo. The license terms have also changed.
- JDO 1.1 Technology Compatibility Kit. This set of programs tests that a JDO 1.0 implementation is in compliance with the standard. The version number is 1.1 to reflect that the test framework has changed from JavaTest (a proprietary Sun package not suitable for open source projects) to JUnit, an open source test framework. The license terms have also changed.
- JDO 2.0 API. This is the standard definition of the JDO API as defined by the JSR-243 standard currently under development.
- JDO 2.0 Technology Compatibility Kit. This set of programs tests that a JDO 2.0 implementation is in compliance with the standard.
- JDO 2.0 FOStore (File Object Store) implementation. This is an implementation of JDO 2.0 based on the JDO 1.0 Reference Implementation. It does not support relational data access, so it is inappropriate for the JDO 2.0 Reference Implementation. We are investigating SleepyCat for the back end. See SleepyCatIntegration for discussion of the JDO/SleepyCat integration.
- JDO 2.0 Geronimo Integration. This project will build the glue between the JDO 2.0 Reference Implementation and the J2EE compliant application server. We expect to use a common persistence framework (Tranql) to provide both EJB3 and JDO persistence services.
由于时间的限制, JDO 2.0 的参考实现没有构建在Aapche项目中, 而是构建在 JPOX项目中.